delete safari saved info?

waiting_for_OSX

Registered
Safari has automatically saved some of my username and password information for some websites, and I would like to delete that information. Mostly because the information it has saved is wrong. Occasionally I type in the wrong password and Safari seems to think this is a new account or something like that. Furthermore, how can I configure Safari so that it never saves any information, or at least deletes all saved information when I terminate the program?

Honestly, I wish Apple would make not saving information the default for Safari. These convenience features often turn out to be inconvenient.

Simply turn off cookies, turn off keychain-savings for Safari and just go ahead. You'll have to always enter information for any site. Nothing will be saved.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.5 (9A581).

The easiest, and best solution would be to have an option in Safari to tun on "Private Browsing" and leave it on until the user deliberately turns it off.

Currently the "Private Browsing" option automatically turns off when the Safari application closes. This can be annoying for users who wish to use this feature frequently, or as the default.

Currently, the latest version of Firefox ( 2.0.0.9 ) has the best Security and Privacy options available for OS X. Apple would do well to imitate Firefox in this respect.

If you would want to always use it in the private browsing mode, change the permissions of ~/Library/Safari/history.plist to no access.
That will keep everything from the history. The usernames and passwords will not be saved with Fryke's tips.

Back