Dell selling iPods!

OMG I read it here too:

http://news.com.com/2100-1040-963901.html?tag=fd_top

Can you say: "Dude yer gettin' an iPod"

I nearly spit my sodapop when I saw it. I don't know what to say but... and so it begins.

I read a while back that Apple was going to try and become the next Sony with consumer electronics. Perhaps this is how it starts? I hope they come out with new innovative consumer electronics.

No, Apple is not Sony. Dell is Sony. Apple is Bang & Olufsen. Both make money, Sony sells nice good quality low cost products, B&O sells high end and perfect products.

So then is Dell going to advertise iPods at all? That'd be weird. Like walking into the Ford dealership and seeing an ad for Chevy.

Odd i tell ya. But good for Apple!!!

Twister

How about Apple stays as Bang & Olufsen, and Dell is Wal-Mart. That's more like it.
"Apple innovates, Dell sells -- what a great combo!"
More like Apple innovates, the entire PC industry rips off and sells. Dell in this case has just taken it a notch up and didn't even bother to rip it off, they're just outright selling the original better product. What next? Will we see Dell just outright sell Macs? :)

i think it would be awesome if Apple sold pretty much everything. i could use an Apple quality cell phone, television, stereo; heck, i could use an Apple quality car.
i don't see apple becoming another sony per-se, but working with sony and other companies to come out with incredible things.

Bang & Olufsen would never sell at Wal-Mart so if Dell is Wal-Mart, Apple must be one of those cheap Taiwanese Bang & Olufsen wannabes you find at Ultimate Electronics. :D

Wal-Mart brand...which would be Sam's Choice actually. You can't compare a chain reseller to an actual manufacturer...like apples to oranges.

Back