Design Competions

smithy

designer.
I think mac osx should add a Graphic Design section like other graphic design forums that have small competions judged by maybe the moderators or something. I think this would put some more fun into macosx.com instead of just posting about rumours problems and stuff - basically put abit of creativity into it. The competions obviously doesnt have to have prizes maybe just a banner or something saying that bob brown won ?

Also this forum can branch out to so many other things like maybe a website design competion (layout wise not programming) and maybe for the flash users out there short animations and stuff - basically visual response to something.

I really would like macosx to have this aye like this is the only forum i have signed up to and remained signed up to and this would honestly just literally top it off!!! :) What do you think ?

We tried something like that once a long-long time ago, there wasn't any support for it from the membership.

If enough people would show interest, it might be something to consider.

Well i really do hope that people think about it or are interested i reckon it would be a great thing to have on here !

I would definitely participate and support this endeavor as long as it's understood that it's for fun only and not competition.

I had a bad experience on ADG (design newsgroup) where everyone thought they were god's gift to design…the best way is to post designs and have constructive criticism and or support be given. Even comments on better ways to use the design programs, though that's what the DTP section is for.

I think it is a great idea. I wouldn't be able to contribute, because I am a biz guy and not a design guy (no talent for design). However, I would very much enjoy this.

Thanks alot for your interest aye, i would have to agree alot with Natobasso, basically this section could be used as a competion but mainly probly a constuctive critiscism part of the site on design. We could all exchange techniques and stuff like that but i think that mainly what we should do is that someone gives us a project or something similar and we all come up with a design for that. I dunno but i think thats the way it should work - otherwise we mosewell post everything in the multimedia section that would be posted in the design section.

Back