Desktop prefs problem

bdmeer

Registered
After a recent apple update, my desktop prefs icon was labeled
Desktop...ects.Prefs. When I clicked on it, nothing appeared.

I installed the 10.7.2 update/install client. Now it's labeled
Plocha a sporic. When I click on it I can configure my wallpaper settings but nothing happens when I click on screen saver. See attachment.

Trying to avoid a complete format/reinstall. Please advise.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-07 at 4.30.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-07 at 4.30.23 PM.png
    286.7 KB · Views: 5
When you google the phrase, you'll find that it's in czech.

My guess is that you've somehow gotten your language settings mixed up. Try the Localization prefPane and see if the order in there is mixed up.

English is the first on the list. Plus, it's only the desktop prefs icon that is labeled Procha a sporic. The desktop settings are accessible but the screen saver settings are not. The screen saver, and it's hot corner, still work. They just can't be adjusted/changed.
Does anyone know what specific file contains the settings for the desktop prefs? I have another, nearly identical, mbp that I could copy the file from if that would help.

Thank you

I tried trashing that file as well. I moved it to a folder that I created and then launched system preferences again. Once it was rebuilt, it was still labeled Plocha a sporic and the screen saver settings were inaccessible.

I'm beginning to copy important data to a single folder for burning. It looks like reformatting/reinstallation is gonna be my only option. I'll probably hold out til the weekend before blasting it and starting over.

Back