Die iTunes! Die!

tkdragon

Registered
Don't get me wrong; I love iTunes. But not always.
There are times when I don't want to listen to music (like when watching a movie) and I'd like to quit iTunes to save some processor speed. However, this has not been the case recently. Whenever I try and quit iTunes, he opens right back up, bouncing cheerfully, rubbing it in my face. I've been able to take him out only by quitting multiple times and thowing in a Force Quit as well, all the while I'm yelling "Die iTunes! Die!!!"
My iPod is not to blame, as I have tried it without it being plugged in, and I still get the same results. So, are there any ideas on how to get rid of my annoying friend when I don't want him around?
Danke

Strange. I had that same problem a while ago, but I don't recall how I got rid of it. I think it included a restart though. Sorry, I know that's not of much help :) Just thought I'd let you know you are not alone.

Are you using anything like iChatStatus or AlbumDæmon on your system?

If so they will immediately launch iTunes again unless you force quit it.

Yay! Thanks for reminding me. I had a demo of Synergy installed that I never use anymore and that kept opening it (I assume). Anyway, I trashed all my extraneous preference panes and now I can keep iTunes at bay. Thank you! :D

Did you choose the "Use iTunes for internet music playback" option
in general preferences for iTunes?

funny that nearly all problems people have can be traced back to third party applications they installed sometimes to modify or enhance the system :)

Back