Disk Image Mounter Crash

smitty046

Registered
All my native mac programs that came with the OS have all decided to crash on opening. (Itunes,Garage Band,Disk Utility,Disk Image Mounter, you name it, it crashes.) However programs I put on there like VLC, the adobe suite are running tip top. I recently got my hard drive replaced about 2 weeks ago, and they are certified apple techs, but they aren't an apple store, frankly they suck ass. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the help.
I really need to get the disk image mounter issue resolved, so here is what my crash log said.

Date/Time: 2009-04-11 00:16:08.146 -0400
OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)
Report Version: 4

Command: DiskImageMounter
Path: /System/Library/CoreServices/DiskImageMounter.app/Contents/MacOS/DiskImageMounter
Parent: WindowServer [265]

Version: 10.4.11 (115.2)

PID: 305
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/DiscRecording.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/DiscRecordingContent.framework/Versions/A/DiscRecordingContent
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/DiscRecording.framework/Versions/A/DiscRecording
Reason: image not found

Hi
This error here-
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/DiscRecording.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/DiscRecordingContent.framework/Versions/A/DiscRecordingContent
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/DiscRecording.framework/Versions/A/DiscRecording
Reason: image not found
Is the key, can you copy the folder listed above from another machine running the same OS level? If you can, your machine should function correctly again. The Disc recording framework has a corrupt file resident that needs replacing with a good copy. If you cannot find another good copy let me know and I will get one from my Tiger machine and host it for you to download.
This corruption probably happened in the move/clone from the old HDD, did the old one have issues?

Ed

thanks i will give that a shot, my roommate has the same macbook as me so finding the folder shouldnt be a problem.

Back