disk utility says unable to repair drive

jonny4u

Registered
PLEASE HELP
I HAVE AN EXTERNAL 1TB LACIE FRIVE AND I UNPLUGGED THE DRIVE IN ERROR AND NOW DISK UTILITY SAYS UNABLE TO REPAIR DRIVE AS FOLLOWS

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME AS ALL MY ITUNES MUSIC PICTURES ETC EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE COLLECTED OVER THE LAST 6 YEARS IS ON THIS EXTERNAL DRIVE

THIS IS THE ANSWER I RECEIVE

Verify and Repair disk “LaCie”
Checking HFS Plus volume.
Checking Extents Overflow file.
Checking Catalog file.
Invalid node structure
Volume check failed.

Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

1 HFS volume checked
1 volume could not be repaired because of an error

PLEASE HELP ME
MY EMAIL IS
jonathan.s@iafrica.com

I AM RUNNING MAC OS X 10.4 11

DESPERATE

Very likely directory problem(s). If anything will fix it, Alsoft's DiskWarrior will. It's not cheap, but indispensable!

Edit: Even though it will not show on the desktop, DiskWarrior will detect it.

Thank you i will try it tomorrow after purchasing

i also have a problem with my time capsule -latest version - because of all the power failures we have been having from the summer rains i could not get my time capsule to show up on disk utility or on the network so i used a ballpoint pen and pushed the reset button and the reset button fell into the casing of the time capsule and when i restarted it after switching off the power the time capsule just makes a whirring fan noise high speed and does not show on the network
this time capsule has always been connected directly into my wan/lan port on my i-mac tiger

many thanks
jonathan

can i resolve this problem with your help,or can it only be resolved at an apple reseller or the apple shop where i purchased it
i also had my complete itunes library including the old music and videos of family etc from the old 5 years ago pentium windows ibm computer

now i cannot access any of my music videos and pictures - really bad luck i am having

thanks !!!!!!

Back