Do favicons work on OS X server?

d54321k

Registered
I created a favicon that works when hosted on Windows server, but doesn't appear when moved to OS X server.

Is there a solution to this, or does OS X server just not support this feature at all?

Thanks,
dk

It should work fine, and does work with my web hosting provider which is hosted on OSX Server.

It's just a file that the browser sends a request for.

Try clearing your browser cache.

Nope, that's not it: I tried clearing the cache. I also tested another working favicon (just to make sure the first one wasn't corrupted), and it wouldn't show up as well.

Does server verson matter? It's 10.1.4

dk

It shouldn't matter what version of apache is being used because all the favicon is is a file. As long as it's in the correct directory so the server can find it, then it should work.

What browser are you using? So far, on the Mac side, the browsers that suppor fav icons are Safari, Camino, and Mozilla. Gotta make sure your web browser supports it.

Well, the favicon I use for my website works fine from an OSX server so it must be something else that's wrong.

It worked!!! I didn't know that - in addition to deleting history and emptying cache - I needed to delete the bookmark as well. When I did, it worked.
Thanks everyone for their help.

Back