Do Mac users support GW Bush?

For a politician, losing a seat is probably more threatening than bodily injuries.

A typical lib response just cause not everyone leans left you insult us by saying we can not be as smart as you libs, I have said my piece on not seeing eye to eye with your view. But not once did I call anyone stupid. Reed if you are living in Paris and are from New York you sure has a French outlook. Make it your permant home!

hawki18 said:
A typical lib response just cause not everyone leans left you insult us by saying we can not be as smart as you libs, I have said my piece on not seeing eye to eye with your view. But not once did I call anyone stupid. Reed if you are living in Paris and are from New York you sure has a French outlook. Make it your permant home!

Wow! What is a French Outlook? What is an American outlook? Please let me know I would be very interested. I suppose if I lived in Rome, I'd have an Italien outlook. If I lived in Gnome, I'd have an Alaskian outlook. Ones point of view is not based on where one lives but based on moral convictions, values, some education and a continual search for the facts and truth. Not easy but its the best we can do. Also, in order know what a French outlook is, for example, it might be useful to read French and even then you're not sure to really know what it is. I wonder how many Frenchmen really know what their country's point of view is?
Anyway, stay with it. And thanks choosing my permanent home for me. You should come to Paris one of these days. It's a beautiful city. Trust me on this one. Cheers.

(hawki, reed... don't take this too far, will you? If you want to personally attack each other, you may use private messages.)

hawki18 said:
I wasn't sure if this was aimed at me or at reed. Just in case, I wanted to clarify a few things. I have not claimed to support any one political group, nor have I insulted a political group. In fact, I have tried to show I do not casually lump people together into the same category (eg. all thinking or behaving the same way). I also have not called anyone stupid.

hawki18: I think you should be a little more careful with your comments regarding the French. Far be it for someone from the UK to stand up for the French (only kidding ;) ), but I think many would not be happy if it looked like you might be genuinely making sweeping statements about a whole nation/race. French people are diverse in their views and their behavior, just as Americans are. Saying "typical French snobbery," and the like, is tantamount to a racial slur. Remember we're all the same species.

fryke said:
(hawki, reed... don't take this too far, will you? If you want to personally attack each other, you may use private messages.)

You're absolutely right. My apologies. All is well.

PS Well said bbloke

bbloke said:
I wasn't sure if this was aimed at me or at reed.
No, clearly aimed at reed.

I agree completely with your comment about not generalising. I also believe that the similarities between nationalities are far greater than their differences.

Most folks simply want stability, jobs and the freedom to care for their loved ones. For example, the vast majority of Iraqis are not AK47 wielding lunatics, but people who want to do business and raise families.

The French are not all snobs. Likewise, the British are not all slobs.

Vive la France!

L'amour. Toujours l'amour.

Thanks CaptainQuark,rhisiart,bbloke and gang.This round is on me.

Nah, I find traffic quite scary, so I can look away and type on a laptop on the seat next to me. Also, I can drive much faster to get to my destination quicker, thereby minimizing the time that I spend on the roads. All in all much safer. It's more dangerous to drink and drive, as you see more traffic or see very blurry traffic. All makes perfect sense, you see?

Try watching England vs Sweden and driving. Silly me, you guys are already in the pubs. Or at least warming up.

I remember one guy telling me concerning a speeding ticket and that he had to plead his innocence before the judge: "Excuse me your honor, I was so bombed I didn't realize I was speeding." (Not a true story, I think)
booze and wheels. Nada.

Good luck this evening.

I most definitely SHAN'T be watching football! As an ex-RuggerBugger, I find all this running around and hugging and kissing each other to be utterly boring. A ball's no use to anyone ulness you can pick it up and run with it!

CaptainQuark said:
...I find all this running around and hugging and kissing each other to be utterly boring.
Are you sure you aren't watching one of those "extra" TV channels? ;)

Parc de Prince. Scotland wins here for once. I was there, like a lot of other matches here (thanks to my buddies from Stirling (Rugby Club)...Kenny Logan & co. at the time). Do you remember captainQ? A rare date...seeing how they always lose against les Bleus.
Hey, who needs to think about GWB when there is a Scottish "3rd halftime."

Time to change thread.

Back