Driven by Design Seminar

mdnky

[Bobs/Prog/Design:~] mod%
Staff member
Mod
I'm not sure if anyone has attended this year's event yet, but I did go to the one in Cincinnati on Tuesday.

They put on a couple software presentations, and Adobe started first then Quark. It was sad when Quark put on the 1st "quickie" presentation on, ID1.5 was more advanced than Q6. After lunch they put on longer presentations by both companies, and ID3 (CS) is amazing.

Wound up playing on it on a G5 at the Adobe booth while Quark bored everyone during their 2nd 'long presentation' (guy was a terrible speaker, really dull). There's some really nice features added in PS, but the best is GoLive.

I've been a diehard fan of Dreamweaver for as long as it's been out, though I rarely use it for much anymore other than for coloring and coding in the code view. Actually hated how unadvanced GoLive was before. That's changed, after having been using the MX2004 trial for the past two weeks, and GoLive CS for 20 minutes. Adobe outdid themselves, and everyone I spoke with there said the Nov. date for release on the website is solid. They were using beta version here, which weren't the most current. Very quick and performed flawlessly, no slowdowns in the interface either. Everything seemed quite a bit faster too when compared to doing similar things in ID2 and PS7 on the same machines.

The seminar is free, plus free lunch & refreshments. It's a 9-5 deal. Plus, there's a coupon in the packet they give you for a discount on the CS upgrades. Also, the upgrade idea they're using is nice. As long as you own ANY legal copy of Photoshop (1.0 thru 7.x), you can upgrade to CS-Standard for $549 or CS-Premium for $749. Meaning, you get either PS, IL, & ID or PS, IL, ID, GL, & Acrobat Pro 6...all full licensed versions. Now I'm glad I bought that unopened copy of PS4 for $10!

:eek: They have nothing in California at all? :mad:

Oh well, I probably wouldn't have gone anyway, though it sounds like fun and I would love to get a copy of PS CS. Er, PS 8. Or whatever.

Back