DVD Player Missing

nrowe46

Registered
I have upgraded my G3 beige with a 500mhz G4 zif, 768megs of ram, 6megs of vram, a superdrive and 100gig HD. I have to use VLC to play DVDs. Have done a search for DVD player but no luck. Any ideas?
Norm :rolleyes:

Yep. It's called it needs to be installed. Luckily a third party developer made a shareware program to grab certain files from installers and install them. The program is called Pacifist. Get the program, put in your install or software restore disks and then launch Pacifist. Search the install CD with Pacifist, find the DVD player installer, then install that package.

i recently did the same thing for a beige G3 i have. i actually installed the apple dvd/cd drive from a BW g3 and used pacafist to get the DVD player from the OS X install disks. the drive mounted DVDs on the desktop, but for some reason it will not play the dvds. I have not had the chance to figure out why yet. i have done nothing more then try to hit play, it failed, i went to bed.

LARS that is not true for my system. before i tried pacifist i just reinstalled the entire OS (X.2.8) after having the drive installed and blasting the disk and installing. it still did not install the player.

Back