DVD player wierdness - 10.3.9

neuby

Registered
DVD player developed 'personality' a while back. It used to play DVD's full screen on my 15" pb. Now, it plays in a little window, and if I go 'max size' then 'full screen' it enlarges it somewhat, but not to the edges of the screen.

Widescreen used to extend right to the left and right edges, now it doesn't - lots of wasted screen real estate.

Full screen used to literally take the full screen, now there are thick black borders all around.

Frustrating - in essence, I have lost screen real estate. May as well have the 12" pb!:-(

albloom said:
Have you tried the usual suspects?

Fix permissions, repair disk, flush DVD Player's prefs?
Albloom - yes, I have done all but 'flush' the prefs. By this I take it you mean delete the plist. Will give that a shot, but I HAVE run 'preferential treatment' over the HD, and those prefs passed.

aicul said:
:D Have you tried feeding your DVD reader a cookie? talking to it kindly?
Nope - good idea though, maybe one from a newsite! Then it can have a cookie, and maybe a coffee...

Seriously - this behaviour is driving me nuts. Not least of the reasons why, is that MacOSX (or at least this default program) did this apparerently uncommanded. (At least uncommanded by me) I would like to understand WHY!!

mm i had that problem for a bit. i don't remember it staying though... anything as complex as an OS that is constructed by humans will have inconsistancies.

is there any way you can remove the enitire program and reinstall it off the disc again?

Back