DVD-RW buring works fine through the finder

alexachucarro

I'm 1/4 Basque you know?...
IF you insert a DVD-RW disk, the finder just sees it as a CD with shit loads of space, you can just treat it as a DVD-R and then BURN. Now the clever bit is:

I've done all this so I know it works.

With DISKUTILITY (.app) just choose the drive thats about 4.2 Gb and one of the tabs lets you erase the drive. Then you can start again with your newley wiped DVD-RW!!! Very handy for backup.

The only draw back is that erasing a DVD-RW takes a while (50 mins or so). But other than that, I encountered no problems.

Thanks Apple for letting us know!!!

You could've asked. I knew that for a while -- Apple wants to make CD/DVD burning AEAP (as easy as possible). And they've just about done it. All Apple needs to do now is add an "Erase Disk..." option back to the Finder menubar or toolbar, instead of making us go to the Disk Utility.

By the way, you can use the same method to erase CD-RW disks as alexachucarro mentioned for DVD-RW disks. Just go to the Disk Utility and erase it!

if the dvdrw takes 50 minute to erase that's amazing cus cdr takes 40 minutes in toast doing a full erase. not quick.

Originally posted by simX
By the way, you can use the same method to erase CD-RW disks as alexachucarro mentioned for DVD-RW disks. Just go to the Disk Utility and erase it! [/B]

I was talking about DVD-RW in the first place not CD-RW. But thanks anyway.

Back