Epson 1280

filmdesign

Registered
Most everything seems good about Tiger with the odd weirdness but now I find I can't Print, Cant add my Epson 1280 in Print SetUp, Stumbled upon "Gimp Print(whatever that is) that allowed me to select my printer..but now printer take ages to process the files only to stop printing. Resume printing just does it all over again..what a drag..
Like most of us in the Mac Community I NEED TO PRINT!
any clues/fixes etc??

filmdesign said:
Most everything seems good about Tiger with the odd weirdness but now I find I can't Print, Cant add my Epson 1280 in Print SetUp, Stumbled upon "Gimp Print(whatever that is) that allowed me to select my printer..but now printer take ages to process the files only to stop printing. Resume printing just does it all over again..what a drag..
Like most of us in the Mac Community I NEED TO PRINT!
any clues/fixes etc??

I assume you could print before Tiger. Do you have any idea what driver you were using before Tiger? Did you install it yourself? If so, then try installing it in Tiger. How did you intall Tiger? If by archive and install, then maybe the driver is available in your prior system folder. Did you look thoroughly for an appropriate driver for your Epson when trying to add it in Tiger? As I recall, the Epson drivers are in ESP in Tiger.

Still Happy, but I do need to print?
Did an upgrade/not archive and install.
Was able to print on Both my Canon i70 & Epson 1280 which I did daily on both.
Canon still prints fine
Epson 1280 is not given as a discoverable option (it was not there as an option to select) in the add Print Set Up Utility/printer/Default Browser or "More Printers" EpsonUSB options.
The only thing I have done different (and these printer have served me well for over 2 years, no problems)is install Tiger.....
PS, Downloaded and reinstalled Latest Epson 1280 Driver/fsck -f/Disc Utility/Permissions Repair & Disc Warrior..still not printing on the Epson1280.

15inch Powerbook/1500MHZ/2GB RAM/80GBHD/

just in from Epson Tech Support(very Quick Response.

Thank you for contacting the Epson Connection.

At this time, Epson is in the process of testing OS 10.4 (Tiger) and its
relation with our software and drivers. Please keep an eye on our website,
as any information\updates will be posted in the near future.

If you require further assistance with this particular issue, please ensure
all of our previous correspondence is contained in your reply, so we can
better track the history of this issue.

If you have a different technical support issue, please submit another
E-form via our website (http://www.epson.com), and we will respond in a
timely manner. Thank you again for contacting Epson.

I have a Stylus C340 (or something like that), did a clean install of Tiger, and all works perfectly well for me. That is the reason why I prefer clean installs: Upgrade messes up the system. Most of the time anyway.

Yes, I installed the Epson drivers, even the Apple tech gave up after walking me through a number o possible fixes and reinstalls?
still not working.

I have my 1280 working. The fix was so simple I am amazed the Apple tech did not recomend it.
Seems like it might work for all Epson Printers. After days of reinstalls/permission repairs/fsck -f/chucking preferences etc. I saw a lottle note on the Apple/Tiger forum/Printer problems.
Go to Finder/Go/Utilities/printset up Utilities/Reset Printing System(in finder) and wa la...it's all working as good as ever..
Bigs thumbs up for Tiger now as everything else seems stable/fast and interesting..I love spotlight..is there a way of getting it to search deeper? as it seems to miss system files amd a few it should see??
Good luck

well, I had tried that fix many many times with my OSX 10.4.1 upgrade. After reading that you were successful, I gave it another shot- my Stylus 1280 window (now loaded with the older version drivers) quit with the "communication ended unexpectedly with printer- turn printer off and on again to resume printing"= so I didthat for the millionth time and now (trying to print from Text Edit, my 1280 window is now 2 minutes into "opening printer connection", and the Printer Utility finds neither the 1280 nor my Epson CX4600. Which driver did you assign (or was assigned) to your 1280, and can you use Printer Utility for your 1280?

after one more try printing with the outdated Epson drivers, I got my 1280 to print again with the Gimp-print drivers (which are those supplied by Apple on the OSX10.4 cds) BUT STILL NO Printer utility...

Back