Epson Printer Problems in Tiger

techman187

Registered
I have an Epson 1280 attached to my Dual 2.5 Ghz G5. I do a lot of Photo printing and had no problems with Jaguar or Panther. Since upgrading to Tiger(10.4x) I have not been able to print photos at the correct size. The driver seems to be confused about 4x6 with or without perferations, 5x7 etc. Everything works fine if I print from my wife's computer , which is still running Panther. When I check the Epson web site, they appear to not have a driver that is compatible with 10.4x, yet Apple is still selling this model..
The printer works fine for general printing, but has problems with repect to photo sizes. Has anyone had this problem and come up with a fix?
Thank You

Me too! I have an Epson 1280 and Epson CX7800. Since installing Tiger they both act weird. After spending 1hr.+ calling California Epson Support their only answer was to call Apple because no driver has been furnished by Apple for Epson printers with Tiger. Both the 1280 and the CX7800 are being sold nationally in the retail pipeline, so why no drivers for them?:(
Can anyone advise? Are they coming soon?

Apple does not write the drivers so you will have to ask Epson. However, GutenPrint drivers support both printers.

Back