Epson Scanner

Untitled

Untitled
I have been waiting forever for Epson to come out with a program so I can scan in OS X. Today I am still waiting and wondering where this program is.
According to their "Mac OS X Information (October 31, 2001)" they claim "Drivers are being developed" however it seems they aren't in much of a rush to make this statement come true.
I am really getting sick of waiting for this update since VueScan has already figured out how to communicate with my Perfection 1200U. Knowing that many other people are in the same situation as me, I think something should be done to solve this problem. As I am not willing to pay for a program to compensate for the peripherals software's short comings I have come up with these ideas to solve the problem.
1. Force Epson to make the software.
2. Ask apple to create a program to scan images since the are advertising their computers as "the center of your digital world."

Would you consider these realistic solutions?

I use Silverfast plugin software in Photoshop. I'm trying to upgrade to OS X on my work computer, but they are allegedly working on a OS X version as well. Actually, I still need to get Photoshop 7 anyway… :rolleyes:

I agree what kind of crap is that. No scanner drivers for OS X? BULL! What is wrong with Epson, Cannon...etc. The support REALLY blowz. :mad:

MacFixIt.com claims that Epson sent an e-mail to a reader that said drivers for their scanners will be out for OS X within 90 days.

That's still a heck of a long time, though.

I really would love it if Apple made a be-all-end-all scanner application, though. That would totally rock!!

Back