Ergonomic Keyboards for Macs

HateEternal

Mac Metal Head
I kinda want to get an ergonomic keyboard for my Mac because I started liking the Microsoft one that I had been using on my server. However the problem is I really want something that is FOR Mac that includes the eject button and audio controls. This is the only one that I have found that seems to be made specifically for Macs:

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=301533

The only problem is I can't tell if it has the audio and eject button on it, as well as how it types (I can get kinda picky). Does anyone have this keyboard? How is it?

or

Are there any other made for Mac ergonomic keyboards out other than this one?

I am a recent switcher and I would love to get an ergonomic keyboard as well. If you end up finding anything, please post back.

Thanks.

that looks like an old mac keyboard style, pre-1998, when the only thing above the numpad was the power key, which worked as good as the power key on the main box. volume keys and eject are not present on the keyboard, and there is also no mention of the apple command keys being there, but i assume they must be

I will add this link because it has a cool element to it, even though it is not quite what everyone is talking about.

http://www.fingerworks.com/lp_product.html

they are zero force keyboards that are ergonomically designed and also have the ability to replace your mouse and use programed "gestures" (kind of a sign language for your keyboard) for common tasks (e.g. cut, paste, copy). These gestures are about as easy to learn as the keyboard shorcuts on any pc or mac.

We have multiple displays set up at my school because the developers are/were (????) professors there. I have learned the gestures from these displays alone. I desperately want one for my powerbook. Speaking of which...they also have one to replace your powerbook's keyboard (i mean one that is integrated into the powerbook, not plugged into USB externally). I am also pretty sure APPLE has purchased the company from my professor (or perhaps invested into it)!?!? I guess that is speculation or spreading of rumors on my part so sorry.

Anyhow, I wanted to post this before, but never got around to it. Since it is relevant now...check it out...tell me what you think.

Back