error code 0x8002006D

cbg

Registered
I have a mac mini that burned Memorex CD-RW fine yesterday. In the past, I've also used Maxell CD-RW. Today I'd like to make backups of files, and none of these brands work! I'm receiving error code 0x8002006D.

No matter how many new/erased CDs I've inserted, how many/few or how large/small the backup files are, or brand of CD, I'm getting the same error code.

I've 1) restarted, 2) used Disk Repair to verify and repair permissions, 3) closed all applications while burning.

Is there a cleaner to use for the mini mac optical reader? Would that be a simple solution?

I've looked at forums up and down the pike, and I have no definitive answer besides the troubleshooting I've already tried.

HELP! I'd like to backup work files/folders, Safari bookmarks, address book, etc. This has been relatively straightforward as of yesterday. All help greatly appreciated.

We to get code 0x8002006D when we try to burn a DVD for backup files. We always used Roxio Toast Lite, but now it does not work. Neither does the Mac Burn DVD feature.
And like the above post, we haver tried all the tricks.
Thanks, --peter

Back