fans blowing not a software problem

ajmax

Registered
I just got my imac g5 back from the apple store...
my fans were blowing hard with and without running programs. it was also going to sleep by itself every 10 seconds....
3 times i took it into the apple store, each time they told me it was a software problem....I kept telling them that it was a hardware problem!!!!
the 4th time i took it in, they finally did some hardware repair....
They replaced the power supply and logic board...THANK GOD !!!!!!!!
since then, i have had no problems and the fans are so quiet that it is almost silent......
If anyone is exeriencing what i was, keep telling and showing the apple guys that it is a hardware problem NOT SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ajmax

ajmax said:
I just got my imac g5 back from the apple store...
my fans were blowing hard with and without running programs. it was also going to sleep by itself every 10 seconds....
3 times i took it into the apple store, each time they told me it was a software problem....I kept telling them that it was a hardware problem!!!!
the 4th time i took it in, they finally did some hardware repair....
They replaced the power supply and logic board...THANK GOD !!!!!!!!
since then, i have had no problems and the fans are so quiet that it is almost silent......
If anyone is exeriencing what i was, keep telling and showing the apple guys that it is a hardware problem NOT SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ajmax

iMac G5s do, rarely, have hardware issues with fans. But Apple fixed it, right?

Yes they did...after all the drama i got from them, they told me that i needed to exhaust all software possibilities before they decided to do look at hardware..

ajmax said:
Yes they did...after all the drama i got from them, they told me that i needed to exhaust all software possibilities before they decided to do look at hardware..
Next time boot from the install CD/DVD and if the fans are still turning too fast, it is not a software issue!

i did do that. and they were still blowing. which is why they finally worked on the hardware...

Back