Firefox Add-Ons: Should I Repair Permissions?

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
I always use Disk Utility to repair permissions before and after I install software. But it's generally system software. My question is regarding Firefox add-ons like Fasterfox, Morning Coffee, Tab Mix Plus, Forecastfox, etc. ... all those great extensions, themes and the like. Since these are not really system-wide software and only affect one application (Firefox), do I still need to repair permissions?

Wouldn't hurt if you did, you can also Verify the permisions before repairing them and see if anything does need repairing :)

Wouldn't hurt if you did, you can also Verify the permisions before repairing them and see if anything does need repairing :)

Yeah, I usually don't bother with "verify" because if something needs repairing, it just creates an extra step. Then you have to go to "repair" and click and wait for that as well. If you bypass "verify" and just go straight to "repair," any permissions that need repairing will automatically be repaired. If they don't, they won't. I keep it simple. :)

Back