Firmware Updates

Richman67

Registered
Hi all,

I just got a new wireless BT keyboard for my PB (love it) and I had to futz around a bit to get the ability to close the PB cover, yet use an external monitor with the BT keyboard and mouse.

Turns out there was a firmware update to the Bluetooth module that allows this. I had to dig a a bit, but it's included with the BT firmware update 1.0.2.

I was a bit disappointed that the Software Update function does not detect new firmware updates, but its no biggie.

My question is: are there any other worthwhile firmware updates I might be missing for the PB or the Airport extreme card? I have the latest ones for the mouse and keyboard.

Thanks for any information!

Best,
Rich

Really? I thought Software Update does update firmwares of certain components as well, such as iSight, iPod, Airport and BT. At least I downloaded few of them by now..

Hi Zammy,

I thought so too, but I had to download and run the firmware updater for the BT chip separately. I had to dig a bit to find it, too.

BTW, I can now close the cover of my PB and it will wake via BT. Kinda cool. I have my home office torn appart right now, and the PB is the only thing running. I don't really miss all the noise and racket from my PC.

Best,
Rich

Back