First gen iPod won't sync with Macbook

mac84

Registered
Hi, everyone! I'm a new member. I'm not new to Macs, however, as I purchased my first one in 1984. I have a problem. I have been syncing my touch wheel (1st generation) iPod with my eMac for several years, no problem. I am now attempting to switch and sync my iPod with my Macbook. The problem is that the iTunes on my Macbook won't recognize my iPod. I've attempted restarting the computer several times and rebooting the iPod as well. Occasionally I can get the Macbook to recognize the iPod (it shows up on the desktop), but even then the beachball just whirls. And I have yet to get iTunes to recognize the iPod. I know the firewire and the connection is working, because the iPod charges from the Macbook via the firewire. I have also restored factory setting for my iPod. Any ideas?

have you tried it on a different mac/pc if so does that do the same??

it could be a possibility the hard drive is on the way out, as its 1st gen

After making a visit to an Apple company store, where the staff had not encountered my problem, they researched it and found that the 1st Gen iPod (scroll wheel) is not compatible with Intel chip computers, like my MacBook. Therefore, I purchased a new iPod touch, which is really, really cool; but I must confess that I miss the simplicity and sheer ergonomic perfection of my six-year-old iPod. Sigh. Oh well, all things come to an end. Old faithful has become the perfect backup device for the "Time Machine" feature of Mac OS 10.5.

ahhhh unlucky

ill remember this 1 for if i get asked it at work

i love my ipod touch, its a nifty peice of kit

Back