Flash MX under Panther - fonts look funny

d54321k

Registered
I just discovered that some of the fonts I originally used in Flash MX under Jaguar now look strange after I upgraded to Panther (i.e. Bank Gothic and Copperplate).

Now I can see simple geometric shapes within the text block, some overlap text, some replace certain characters.. Even though some of them will look ok after I export a SWF file, some (like bold type for instance) would look like ass.

I haven't edited my font list before or after upgrading to Panther, nor have I changed the FLA files in any way since Jaguar.

Any ideas? Any help would be really appreciated..

try installing the Flash update. they looked like hell in my flash also and it's not the fonts fault that i know of. they work fine in mx

I have problems with fonts with counterspaces like the letter's 'P' or 'B' closing up, as in the counterspaces getting filled when I export. Not any problems with the fonts in any other programs, just the X version of flash... no problems in 9 though. :(

See, I never had this problem when I was running Jaguar though.. It only started after I upgraded to Panther. And only on selected fonts, too.

They look imperfect in Flash, but most of the time a SWF file would exoprt just fine, without any imperfections, unless Bank Gothic font was made bold using Flash 'bold' button under text options. Then it wouldn't export, looks like ass.

Those very same fonts look fine in other apps. I have no idea..

Back