for solrac - what is your default boot system?

What system do you boot from by default?

• OSX without classic

• OSX with classic

• OSX at home, other at work

• 9.x

• 8.x

• 7.x and prior

• linux

• windows

• other

• I don't boot from OSX because i keep it up and running 24/7!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

edX

mac shaman
Just as an aside to another thread, i thought it would be interesting to see how conversion to osx is going these days. please take the time to check one and help fuel another long winded debate:D

If i forgot to include your situation among choices, please write a response to tell us more.

well solrac, with only 9 votes in so far, it's 100% osx. keeping classic seems to have a slight edge.

cool, cool
but we are power computer users

if you apply this poll to the whole mac market, I bet the grand majority boot into OS 9 and maybe have heard about OS X.

But it's cool that at least we seem to all have X.

thanks, Ed
-Carlos-

I'm forced to use system 7, Windows & dos, Linux, Solaris, Beos, Unix. I have never seen winXP running on a computer.

well this explains a lot of your frustration herve. can't you go to a store somewhere and at least play with it some? i hope you get a new mac soon and get to join in with us in this fun. when you move up from 7, you're head's going to spin - your life will be different!!

and just an adecedent for sorlac and all - i was in Fry's on wednesday looking for a book on osx. there was an older gentleman with white hair picking up all the same books i was. we started talking and i found out his 1 yo imac is the first computer of his life. he runs osx!!! i told him about this site. i hope he joins us in the future. he is obviously not a power user, but he had a real desire to learn more.
:cool:

Nice to hear you are helping fellow Mac users, Ed. :D

Staying in System 7 is the definite cause of Hervé's confusion. No wonder he seems so weird. ;) Maybe every member of MacOSX.com could donate 50¢ to the "Save the Hervé Fund", and that would be enough to get a low-end G4 with a 17" Studio Display, a combo drive, and an AppleCare Protection Plan. This doesn't include tax, and even so, he'd have a little money left over to go into paying shipping & handling & tax (don't worry, I calculated it, Hervé).

Maybe then he could regain his sanity.

Oh, by the way: Ed, I like the last option of this poll, although I'm sorry I cannot choose it because Hotline Server has been giving me TOO many problems that force me to restart (see this thread: http://www.press3.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10925 ). If it wasn't for Hotline Server, I would've chosen the last option.

simx, i too would have checked the last one except for the number of storms and blackouts lately. it's the time of the year to shut down when not in use for me.

herve, did you vote in the poll? no one picked 7, linux or windows so i'm wondering how you voted.

must admit i was surprised to see 8 get a vote.

herve - so you realy do count as 2 - i was feeling sorry for you having to boot in 7 and for the other poor soul who boots in 8. now i can just feel sorry for you. really is too bad your dad cancelled your imac.

quite frankly i would chip in $10.00 to buy herve an osx capable mac if i thought there was some way we could really pull it off.
:)

lol with 3000 members on here, if we all chipped in one dollar (US) we could buy herve a killer system :p

Back