Found this layin' around

Yes. I'd prefer not to be proven wrong, escpecially since I'm pretty sure I'm right. :p

-the valrus

threadsucks.jpg

Valrus, I think you're right, but I'd have to dig out my Little, Brown Handbook to be sure. (That's a very good reference book, by the way, and the title refers to authors not physical characteristics)

Anyway, the currently accepted standard is to have the punctuation inside the quotes, AFAIK. But standards change to reflect the times. So when everyone uses words or does things a certain way, even the 'standards' groups must adapt to conform to popular opinion at some point. For example, think of the sheer number of words associated with computers that have been coined in the last decade. The dictionary committees eventually put those words into print since there is a common usage and agreed meaning.

Can we use html tags to put the image straight into the thread?

Hrmph, I tried, but it doesn't work. simX, you got it to work, how did you do that piece of magic? :)

Originally posted by ksuther
Can we use html tags to put the image straight into the thread?

Hrmph, I tried, but it doesn't work. simX, you got it to work, how did you do that piece of magic? :)
When you type out a reply, do you look at the buttons above the main text field? Or did you disable those?

Either way, there is an IMG tag to be used like bolding and italics and URLs. Of course, that doesn't mean that everyone sees those images in the message body. I turned that off (modem connection, doncha know) and see a link to the image instead.

Back