FTP connection issues

Foundryfire

Registered
I have been trying to learn website design and set up the web space I have with my ISP (Charter) for practice.

Initially, I could connect to this ftp without any issues and I was able to work on this ftp site for one day. Then overnight, without any changes to my system (updates or otherwise), I can not connect to this ftp at all. Now, I can not connect to the ftp site with Dreamweaver CS4, Cyberduck, Filezilla, nor ANY web browser that I have (Safari, Firefox, Opera, Navigator or Internet Explorer (Mac version)) ...

All calls to Charter about this, of course, is met with telling me that it is something on MY end and that they don't support the MAC OS and because of it, I am out of luck on the issue.

Is there anything on my system that could have caused this abrupt change in being able to access the ftp? I have checked all of my security settings including completely turning off the firewall AND the firewall on the router and have tried everything that I can think of.

Does anybody have any idea of what I can try to fix this issue?
Any pointers / advice would be more than appretiated.
Thanx in advance.

System: Dual 2.3 Ghz PowerPC G5; 8GB RAM running OS X 10.5.6; Linksys WRT54GS router

Active FTP or Passive FTP? Is that option properly set in the "Network" pane of the System Preferences, under your network connection (AirPort, Ethernet, etc.)?

I am having the same issue with Dreamweaver CS4 with Mac OSX 10.5.6 If I revert back to DW CS3, the connectivity works just fine. I used Automator to create a little FTP mini-client and I can connect to my FTP server perfectly with that. FileZilla works as well. I think, somehow something became corrupted during the upgrade from CS3 to CS4. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

I checked my network connections per what ElDiabloConCaca suggested (Thank you, btw!)...

When I did, I recreated a new Network connection just to make sure that I had the correct settings. I'm not sure exactly why, but this somehow reset the Network setting correctly and now I can connect to the ftp server...

I have read that the settings in Dreamweaver can be affected by having earlier versions of the software on your system though. You may want to explore that...

Indeed, DW CS4 hates it's little brother, CS3. I'll try your trick of creating a new connection. You wouldn't happen to know how to get Extension Manager to work with CS4 would you?

Back