Fx Stuff, Address Book, Drag & Drop

Koen.Andries

Registered
Hi!

I'm running Jaguar 10.2.2 on a brand new iMac (the one with the TFT and the SuperDrive) and I'm having the following problem:

I'm not able to drag an entry from my address book (first name, last name, fax number are filled) into the "Fax stuff " destination field... When dragging the vCard icon to the destination field nothing happens: the icon moves back to the address book and nothing is being filled into the destination field...

Anyone knows a solution or a workaround for this problem?

As I had this problem in Mac OS X 10.2 I downloaded & installed the updates to Mac OS X 10.2.2 but this did NOT fix the problem!

I already tried several different formats for the fax number but all without success!

Any feedback on this is most appreciated...

Best regards,
Koen.

Hi Koen;
In order for somebody to help you you should help the helper. Elaborate more on the "Fax stuff" expression. One could assume that it exists in some kind of Fax software. In which case include the name of the program.
Regards

Try the download at smithmicro.com. Its for OS 10.2 and says the upgrade is supposed to fix the issue among other things.

Good luck !

Hi again Koen;

Gotcha, the product is FAXstf X (Stupid of me, I guess, "beloved child" has many names). Noot is correct; the free downlosd is FAXstf X v10.0.8 which is required for Jaguar 10.2.x. It fixes, among other things, accepting Adresss Book's v3.0 vCards. Your "older" version of FAXstf expected v2.1 vCards.
Sidenote: You may still be disappointed because FAXstf will not automatically re-dial/send a fax if it was not deliverable (i.e: phone busy). You will have to generate it and send it again.

Hang in there

Back