G4 MDD won't start

RonaldMacDonald

Registered
When I push the button to start the machine, nothing happens. Off hand I would suspect either the power supply or the start button itself.

Can someone give me some instructions to troubleshoot the cause? I couldn't figure out how to remove the switch from the chassis.

I also could not remove the power supply (or its cover) from the chassis. The power supply seems to have just one screw. But then again, it looks like there is a security screw on the rear-end of the machine which "might" be holding the P.S.

I'd like to get both the main switch (button) and the P.S. apart so I can run some tester leads to check for voltage and continuity.

Or, before taking things out, we can do this the easy way.

Is the red light on your logic board on?

Try and locate the small button on your logic board, (its buy the big battery you see in there) and push it, now wait 10 minutes, and then try it.

Check and make sure everything is still seated correctly, your video card, ram, and processor.

The processors are extremely easy to remove, the heatsink comes off, and then there are 3 screws that keep it held down.

Unfortunately, the reset button thing did not help. I also took the battery out and tested the voltage. 3.7v (same as the value of the battery). I do not see a red light on anywhere.

Back