G4 PowerMac No displays at Start????

jprupas

Registered
I am in a real pinch here:

I have a PowerMac Dual 1.25. I left for vacation. Came back today, turned the computer on and the fan turns on, then amps up and gets really lound, but there is no display signal to the monitors (17" studio and 20" studio).

I tried resetting PRAM, Took out the display card and put it back in, held down the mouse to open the cd tray but it won't open, held down shift during startup, disconnected all extras and left just the mouse keyboard and one monitor. No results or any glimse of a signal to either minitor? Do graphics card burn out or stop working or should I concentrate on the computer and software? I have never not been able to at least get to boot off a CD until now.

My brother told me he turned it off by pressing the main power button because it was running for several days (with both monitors ON) while I was gone.

There is tons of work that I need to catch up on. It just ran out of the Apple Care 6 months ago. I was holding out for the Intel PowerMac in a few months.

Can some one please, please help me get this going?

I am thinking that I might have burned out the graphics card!

One other thing, the processor heat sink is completly cold inside even though the fan is running hard. Usually the heatsink gets pretty hot, even at start up.

The J25 block is the block with the label over it saying something like " viod warranty if removed" I think you may have a bad video card, have you try resetting the cuda on the card? Try that if it fails, swap the video card...

good luck.

Back