Games that teach kids

Durbrow

Registered
Any parents or teachers here? I was wondering if people could recommend Mac OS X educational software (not OS 9!) that elementary/primary school age kids like to play and may learn from. For example, my 8 year seems to like Mavis Beech Typing.

Excellent! I am curious about whether it presents multiplication problems intelligently. Thanks for the recommendation.

There are several on line web sites with activities for kids. Would you be interested in those?

The Zoombinis games are _excellent_ math software, appropriate for children ages 8-12. Help from a parent or older sibling may be needed. These aren't your traditional arithmetic drill games, though. They expose kids to logic puzzles with lots of problem solving--critical mathematics skills.

In fact, if you don't tell your children these are math games, they'll likely have no idea. Google "Zoombinis". Available for both Macs and Windows machines. Looks like there are at least three games. I've played and used the first one, "Logical Journey of the Zoombinis."

Very highly recommended. I'm an elementary school teacher, and I use Zoombinis with my fourth graders.

Doug

Back