Getting Rid of Services

lbrandt

Registered
I tried Hogbay notebook one time and decided not to use it. So, I dragged it and its preferences to the trash and emptied. Searched for any other files with the word Hog or Bay or Hogbay, found nothing. Finally looked in my account's services folder with no luck.

I can't get HogBay to vanish from my services menu in Safari, Textedit, etc. How do I do this, for HogBay and other no-longer-needed services? I've got so many services I have to scroll to see them all - messy.

Thanks for guidance.

Yes, but the fly will be more dead than if you had simply used a flyswatter... ;)

You may not have had to restart -- did you try logging out and then logging back in?

actually I logged out and back in rather than re-booting.

Next time I'll try just quitting the Finder and see what happens.

For all those interested in managing their Services Menu, Try ServiceManager.0.8.0 (@ Version Tracker). Its a beta, but I've had no problems w/ it and it sure does the job!

ttfn Dirtbagg

Services Manager allows me to turn off some services, but not delete them. They are still there somewhere, just temporarily un-checked by Services Manager.

Where the heck are services controlled by OS X? How does it work? Is there a folder somewhere where they live?

Back