Go....Bush

I think the numbers are something like 1/2 the population is able to vote, and only 1/2 of them are registered. So that's a 1/4 of the population there, and usually 50% of the registered voters as a turn out is considered very good, with a norm in the 30% range.

So not too many people actually vote, but they all complain. Go figure.

BTW, those are just some generalized estimates, but it shows how the numbers dwindle quickly. I'll look around and see if I can find some concrete ones, but regardless it's kinda sickening.

I certainly don't claim to be an expert on political events.Regardless of what your leanings are people should take more responsibility for their government.Afterall you'll only get out of it what effort you put into it!

Yeah! Enjoy it while you still have it! heheh.

*Watches as Bush cuts and folds Constitution into Oragami paper crane*

Dammit.

In Australia, we have a Preferential Ballot, where if you're first preference doesn't get in, your Vote get's allocated to your Second Preference, and so on...

For this reason, I can Vote for an Independent or Minor Party and not "Throw Away My Vote". Unfortunately, Voters aren't educated on this, so they still Vote for the Two Major Parties, rather than someone who will actually do what's best for thier Constituents. :(

I think it would be fun to see the Libertarians win in the states for a change.Wow what a ruckus that would be!Oh the chewing Novak & Carville could do on that,::ha::

Back