Graphics in Excel - big red X

chrisdavies

Registered
I have been sent an Excel spreadsheet that contains some embedded graphics (not sure what format).

When I open the spreadsheet, all of the graphics are shown as red X's in boxes. According to the MSoft Help, this is because of low memory.

The spreadsheet is 46MB, and I am working on a G4 Laptop woth 768MB Ram. Does this make sense. Is the any other way of getting at the embedded images?

My copy of Office X does the same thing with charts in powerpoint from my winPC. All I need to do is double click the chart, then close it again, and they appear just fine.

Seems to be a minor glitch in cross-OS compatibility - but I'm STOKED at how easy dealing with the two OS's are, after years of resisting a Mac for precisely that reason.

PS I am also a powerbook G4 owner in HK... A convert of around two weeks... I know this should go into the PM's, but are you on WiFi? Pacific Coffee access is getting more reliable all the time...

I mostly use it at home with SO-NET, who seem to be much cheaper and more reliable that Netvigator.

Not tried it at Pacific Coffee yet, although I was going to before I dropped Netvigator.

Back