Happy New Years!

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
I hope everyone has a wonderul 2005! Personally, I'm closing the hatches... the world is falling into peices. ha!

Take care! :eek:

ScottW said:
I hope everyone has a wonderul 2005! Personally, I'm closing the hatches... the world is falling into peices. ha!

Take care! :eek:
Dude, that was 5 years ago.

Happy new millenium + 5! In other words, Y2k5! :D

Happy New Year from the coral reefs of the Red Sea. (Well, we're back in Cairo now, but we rung in the New Year in a Bedouin encampment on the beach.)

Yeah, but the Y2K scare was 5 years ago. And we're still feeling the repercussions... like... um, well.......

Stop looking at me like that! :p

Anyway, I should get my sister to post her New Year's Eve story, since she went with 5 other kids from here to New York to see Broadway plays. And her hotel room was a block from Times Square.

But if you're not following the Gregorian cal, then Jan 1 is just another day.

BTW, Jan 1 wasn't always New Years'. I believe it used to be around Oct 22 (seriously). Oct 22, 1600, would be followed by Oct 23, 1601. Not sure about the specific dates though.

I'd be willing to bet that everyone participating in this thread is using the Gregorian calendar... hence their new millenium came in 2001 (not 2000) and the new year was celebrated 2 days ago. ;)

The Gregorian calendar is the only one that has any relevance in my life. Not even the Jewish calendar is relevant to me, and it's 5765, or close to that... can't quite remember...

Arden said:
Dude, that was 5 years ago.

Happy new millenium + 5! In other words, Y2k5! :D

The 2kx figure is actually used in electronics notation for resistor capacitor values to abbreviate 2500, so 2k5 is not a correct form of 2005.

To the point, I wish everyone a happy new year ;)

Back