Has anyone tried to use a hand-held as a second monitor??

Dmack20

Registered
I know my question seems odd and random. But I have been seriously thinking about getting a hand-held/micro projector to use as a secondary monitor. People have been saying it won't be bright enough and such, but I still think if I wanted to use it at night to watch movies it would work great, no?

Beq joybee gp1 and aaxa tech m2 both seem up for the challenge, but I have never heard of anyone trying either.

Thoughts?

I through patience out the window and went with my impulses. I decided to get the aaxa tech m2 micro projector. It didn't seem that much better than the benq, but the xga 1024x768 resolution is a strong selling point.

Wish me luck! I'll report back with my opinions.

My aaxa tech m2, came in the other day & I couldn't be more relieved. I bought it on a whim but it for sure played out. The image quality was good but even better when the lights were turned down. There were also tons of user settings that let you change the color temp, saturation, brightness, contrasts, keystone, & orientation. The remote is a nice little bonus, only wish it was back lit so it was easier to use when it's dark.
Only downside for me was the noisy fan, and large power brick.

aaxa tech m2

I managed to take some decent looking pictures.

dscm003.jpg

dscm062.jpg

dscm063.jpg

Back