Have to remove battery for Macbook to work..

Brownin

Registered
Hello

I'm new to this forum. I thought i'd give it a shot before i bring my macbook to the local Mac repair shop.

I have a white macbook (not a pro, mac osx 10.5.7 with 2.5 GB ram)

The problem i have is when the battery is in, even if i'm using the AC power adapter, within 2 seconds, it goes into sleep mode. and it won't matter how much i have to touch a key to bring it back live, it goes back to sleep.

I have to physically remove the battery to prevent this from happening.

The tech at the store did suggest to do several things, which have been tried several times such as: removing the battery and unplugging with holding the power for 10 seconds, that wouldn't work. then tried the Option-Command P and R keys, holding this as it starts up, will reset it. this created my fan to constantly run, so i redid the first step i had done, holding the power for 10 seconds, and that fixed what was happening with the fan. I also did another reset which was suggested to do as well; control-command and Power for 5 seconds.

Tried a new battery, still the same thing. Funny thing is, even if it goes the sleep mode, it still is charging the battery.

I'm thinking this may be a mother board issue.... anyone else got this issue before, any thoughts?

my warranty is out, so let's hope its not the board lol.

thanks!
B.

Last edited:
hmmm isn't that what i've tried already? (the option-command P and R rest?)

let me know how to proceed, if i haven't tried, i'll def give it a go.
many thanks

Oh oops! I posted this on the wrong forum lol.

Hmm, so if you don't have the battery in it works just fine? if you take the battery out, and press the button on the back does it light up?

yes it does, I also went out and bought one, new one does the same :) so weird!

thanks for responding back actually
B.

Just thought I'd update you all on my situation, since this can help someone else in the future...

after bringing it to our Mac support in town; he found the problem with the internal battery connector with Sleep Switch; i got the part replaced and it fixed the issue!

Thank you for some of you who attempted to help, i knew this one was probably a hardware issue.

Ms B.

Back