Have YOU ordered Panther yet??

i preordered but i'm starting to think i'd be better off cancelling the order and just going down to the apple store friday.

seems like only the people who paid for upgraded shipping are going to get theirs the day it comes out in the mail.

Does anybody know if you can walk into an Apple store at 8pm, show your Student ID, and get it for the Education price of $69? I'd like to do that.

Someone said in another thread that the educational discount is only for online. Besides, you'd have to fight the mob just to get a copy.

Mine will arrive tomorrow. I'm so freaking stoked! I love wiping a hard drive clean, doing a fresh install and enjoying a new OS. Panther will be my first attempt at going fully non-OS 9. Finally. (There's still one lingering stupid app that I have to use in OS 9, Netscape for print ads via AdSend, which uses Java components that only work in OS 9. Argh! I'll be putting that on a back room iMac).

I wonder what my new favorite toy will be, Exposé (it's a wonder we've gone so long without this), Font Book (about damn time an OS got a built-in font manager), Labels (best GUI feature ever), Preview 1.3 compliant (Acrobat is a total sloth even on a DP G4), and more.

I've actually been looking forward to Panther more than the G5s. Don't get me wrong, the G5s rule. I'll be getting one shortly, but Panther will change how I work. The G5 wil just make my work faster, which is also nice.

It's just a shame Apple is going under (insert sarcasm).

They are? Well, I guess I should sell my stock off, then. Yep, all 0 shares of Apple stock.

Back