Having Connection Problems!

TorchyWhoGal

Registered
Heya everybody,
Recently my family have joined BT Business Total Broadband, after some complications with AOL!
Everything has been fine... up till now!
My iMac (2GB Ram, 20inch, 360GB Harddrive, Version 10.5.6) keeps on getting thrown off Say every 5...10....15...20 minutes... this started a couple of days ago, I think after installing iWork or before cant remember!
The router is BT's own Business Hub or whatever they call it
I am not sure if this is a problem with the Mac itself OR BT, I have tried EVERYTHING even installing the new Airport Utility update and Resetting the router the only thing left is contacting BT or Apple.... but they are closed on a weekend :(!
So I suppose there is one thing left.... HELP!

It sounds like there may be another router close by or, someone who uses a cordless phone, or a microwave oven - all of which can interfere with wifi signals.

One other question - in network preferences > show Airport, do you have interference robustness On , and do you have it set to connect to preferred networks (not sure of the exact checkbox names - I don't use Airport on my mac)?

Well i just use the button on the toolbar near the day and time with the Wireless signal view to connect to the router....! it doesnt say anything about the Interferance Robust

Well i just use the button on the toolbar near the day and time with the Wireless signal view to connect to the router....! it doesnt say anything about the Interferance Robust
That indicator is gives some indication of your signal strength, but I wouldn't take it as a guarantee of the integrity of your wireless environment. Take your computer to a gathering place with free Wi-Fi to see if you have the same problem there.

Back