help installing windowmaker

iknownotwhoiam

Registered
i just downloaded windowmaker 0.70.0 and i am having trouble installing it...when i run:
./configure
it goes thru a bunch of things but then when it checks for x11 it says that it cannot find it. i know i have it...i installed it two days ago...the directory is /usr/x11r6
does anyone know how i can fix this or what is going on? has anyone successfully installed windowmaker on a OS X box?
thanks for your help.
axel.

here's a pic of what a i get when i try to "./configure"
noX.tiff

Hi inkownot...

I have wm running on XDarwin, but I am a complete newbie and JCPowers21 walked me through the whole thing (ie, I have only the foggiest idea of what we did). "We" had a lot of problems, but I did save our AIM chat transcript that resulted in the successful install. If JC doesn't mind, I could edit out all my dumb questions and send it to you want, but of course, I am not sure we have the same issues here. Also, FYI, I recently upgraded to XDarwin 1.4 and now I have all kinds of trouble with disappearing cursors in wm.

You most likely did NOT download the Xprog.tgz (programmer) tarball which is required if you want compile anything.

The configuure script generally looks for certain .h header files which are not part of the vanilla 'required' set.

Do you know the files you installed with XFree? Also, you may want to try ./configure --with-xwindows=/usr/X11R6 or something that will allow you to specify where xwindows is.

Justin

Back