Help Please Please Please Please Please Click On Me!

joeth

The Mac Duck
HELP!!!

How do you recover login accounts. I deleted 4 and they're still in the users folder but they are called alex deleted, or ben deleted. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RECOVER AND USE AGAIN THESE??? They had loads of programs on them!!!!!!!

Jozo

i would answer this, if the subject of the thread had not been so annoying.

next time let the thread subject be the subject of the thread, instead of a desperate plea to click

Word up. Every thread here gets treated with the same respect. The answer to your problem depends on the knowledge of the people here, not how badly you want people to take a look at your problem.

At any rate, do a search here for "deleted account" or something like that. I'm sure it's been discussed here before.

Just to cut you some slack (though I agree with the other posts):

The contents of the accounts are all contained in the 'username deleted' folders. You haven't lost anything. If you can't access these folders due to permissions, you can still get into them. This is where my slack ends -- because I don't want to duplicate the efforts of the other threads on this subject.

I think the simple solution is to login as an administrator, recreate the users with the same username, and then drag the contents from the deleted folders into the new user home folders.

Permissions may get a little bit messy, if they do, just try searching here for user permissions or something along those lines.

Good luck :D

PS: Why would you keep applications in the user folders? /Applications is the global application directory used by all users.

i think you sohuld just be able to go into 9 move the applications and the prefernce files into the new user folder overwrite or whatever and that would be the quickest or if os9 is gone try using the "root" user if you dont know how find out using the search blah blah blah

Matt

Back