Help to remove BitTorrent from G4 OSX 3.4.2.

dawnina

Registered
With no success and too much frustration to benefit from BitTorrent
I want to trash it!! Could anyone, kindly give me instruction. I tried to
EJECT it TRASH it, and will not complete emptying BitTorrent OSX 3.4.2.
says it's still in use. Great appreciation from an elementary MAC user.
Thanks!

erm....you should be able to trash it, unless you have it open at the time an/or its a startup item - try a restart then try to trash it straight away before opening anything. of course i'm assuming you havn't tried that already - failing that try appdelete in an effort to get rid of it.

You could also force the trash to empty (via terminal or option key) - complete instructions are given here.

Open the Activity Monitor in your Utility folder and see if BitTorrent is running. If it is, you can quit it from that window.

If not, try Sercure Empty Trash under the Finder Menu.

It also sounds like you're running it from the disk image .dmg file since you say you try to eject the disk image. That's not what you're supposed to do with disk images. Think of a dmg file as a real CD you put in your computer. You don't want to keep that CD in your computer and run the program from it all the time. Copy the program from the dmg after it's mounted to your Applications folder, eject the disk image and move the dmg to the trash and empty it.

To delete programs most of the time you just drag the program from Applications or where ever it's installed to into the Trash and empty it.

If the program had an installer program, look for an uninstaller for that program from the company that wrote the software.

Back