Help with HOME & END usage in text editing...

NinoAvila

Registered
Is there a way to get your cursor to jump to the start or end of a line while editing text? I come from a windows/linux based world and am used to the "HOME" and "END" keys on a the keyboard taking you to the start and end of a line.

I use it most when cutting/copying text.

Help me out....thanks!

-NiNo

unfortunately, it's command <- and command ->. i'm used to hitting home and end, too. ah well.

I just hit home and end on my keyboard, then again it is Logitec one and not an apple one ;). Another option would be to use the emacs bindings in some contexts so Control-A is like home and Control-E is like end. That does not work 100% of the time though :(

-Eric

I had the same question arise myself. I found that the command key (as posted above) or the ctrl key could be pressed along with the arrow keys to get a home or end function in TextEdit. It's actually printed on the keys on the Powerbook. The option key pressed along with the arrow keys seems to jump one word at a time. Of course this functionality seems to be application dependent.

Strange that there really is no keyboard primer anywhere to be found. I'm still wondering for instance what the extra "enter" key is for next to the arrow keys. The closest thing to a primer that I ran across while digging was this really old introduction to the Mac which had to be run in classic mode. It's really cool to view but not very helpful. If anyone has such a tutorial please post to that effect.

In Dreamweaver MX.. home and end only traverse words. Page up/down doesn't even work. It is soooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.

I have to use the mouse to move through documents in Dreamweaver.

Back