Herve's Bar & Grill

i just said something is getting ready to change with laptops. i've noticed you can never be sure with apple as to what will be out. they may be phasing out low end ibooks and replacing them with low end powerbooks. or they could be coming out with a new high end ibook. i have no clue. just letting you know that something is up in this area so patience might be worth it here. and if not, at least you know what you're doing in the face of uncertainity. i'm sure you'll enjoy it no matter what you get. i personally like getting the good deals on stuff going out if it's good enough for what i need.

Well I'll probably be waiving the student discount as I'll probably get it from the Apple Store at the Glendale Galleria instead of waiting a week to get it from online.
Plus the fact that I'm not currently registered for this semester as a student (nor for the past year cuz of surgery)... hmmm...

But I know exactly what I'm getting into and won't be flipping out like others do when they buy new stuff with a keynote coming up the same week! heh

BTW, when is the next keynote? If there's something big like a keynote coming this month? If so then I might be able to wait a little - especially since it looks like the G3 Desktop is going to work with Jaguar.

next keynote = january MWSF.

G5 laptops are not viable yet. The pricecuts of iBooks have been for selling out the older models .. so 800 and 900 mhz G3 old ones vs 800 and up G4 ibooks. nothing to worry.

Oh, you missed the iBook G4, Ed? ;)

Get your 12" PB Sogni, Apple is highly unlikely to release a new one after just 4 months.

Yeah, kind of what I figured. :)

But just in case they do, canIkick YOUR butt instead of my own's ksv? :D

Hopefully I'llget it in the next few days. :)

ed - that's the old low level G3 iBook - and my guess is that it has already been devalued by the release of the new G4 iBook. My advice is go ahead and get it asap so you don't wait until the month before new powerbooks are released. The 12" is a sweet machine, just get a stock with superdrive, and airport extreme of course. You probably can get a better deal on memory elsewhere, it's expensive from apple.

Darkshadow: To answer your earlier question, it's called Bump-N-Tag.

I got on this evening and, in the space of 36 hours, received 161 new messages. I don't know if this is from what I had yesterday morning (which was really Saturday night), or if that many new threads had come up, but that's what I've got.

Sogni: If the price is right, go for the iBook. You can kick Androo's ass later, I'll find him for you.

arden said:
Sogni: If the price is right, go for the iBook. You can kick Androo's ass later, I'll find him for you.

iBook? No way!!!
Hmm....

*Goes to Apple.com and does some research*

No extended desktop (video mirroring only) and slower bus speed is what kills the iBook for me. I at LEAST need extended desktop video.

Too bad, the price is sweet! Oh well...

You can hack the iBook firmware to enable display spanning, but I don't know if this works on the new G4 iBooks. But the powerbook is just so much more beautiful then the iBook, it would be hard to step down.
And now I'm off to get some hot cocoa...

To raise an earlier point (clicking Go To New Posts brings me to page 338, instead of 340), no it doesn't rain a lot here (enough, though—we have lots of agriculture), and if/when you visit Los Angeles, drop me a line.

Whew. Anyway, who's up for some egg nog? Get it while it's still in season.

Bleugh...can't stand that stuff. You can give mine to someone else. ;)

Sogni, I just bought a new iBook G4. 'Tis good. Sure, it's not the fastest out there, but heck, it's faster than my desktop anyway. :p

arden said:
To raise an earlier point (clicking Go To New Posts brings me to page 338, instead of 340), no it doesn't rain a lot here (enough, though—we have lots of agriculture), and if/when you visit Los Angeles, drop me a line.

Who me? I am in Los Angeles. Unless you mean downtown? :confused:

I'm also having some board wierdness - like clicking on an email notification or a thread from "view new threads" sends me to an old post - sometimes to a previous page than I was reading.

arden said:
Whew. Anyway, who's up for some egg nog? Get it while it's still in season.

ME!!! :D
Funny, I hate eggs, but I like Egg Nog... Go figure! :p

Umh.. Arden could you make me a big cup of hot cocoa too? In rice milk and with espresso ... {yaaawn...} ...

What is normal pulse? Roughly? I think mine is weird. :-/

ugh I don't think that the 126 threads that the board says are new are really new, I'm getting kind of angry :) And I don't want to read through all of them! So I can go get something to drink?

i have reported the new post thing to scott. it might help if some of you start a thread in site discussion about this as well.

gia - normal pulse rate is about 60-80 bpm

see http://hk-doctor.com/tool/html/Pulse_E.htm for a stricter definition. pulse rates by themselves don't really tell you much. they mean more when combined with blood pressure, breath rate, and temperature. not to mention influences like stress, exercise, etc.

Sorry, Sogni, I meant Modesto... when you come up here, tell me. Likewise for when I visit Los Angeles, which will be for Thanksgiving weekend unless for some sadistic reason my bosses decide not to give me the weekend off.

Mr. K, you might be surprised... just look at the active user list. I think it has to do with how long it takes one person's session to time out.

Speaking of timing out, my DSL connection keeps dong so... I can't imagine it's Earthlink, but I don't know if it's MacPoET or not. Kind of annoying.

I just got a 12" PowerBook w/ Combo Drive today! :D

Altho I can't seem to get Firewire Target Mode to work on either Mac (I CAN get Target Mode, but it doesnt mount on the other Mac). getting this bad feeling FireWire is dead on one of them.

Back