Herve's Bar & Grill

damn i feel all left out. with no broadband i can barely stand to sign online, not to mention go to websites, blargh - stupid aol. i'm trying to convince my mother to get a cable modem hookup for the house, she's not biting though. ah well.

a while back a few people mentioned a show, 24 was it? never heard of it... care to explain this to me?

Do you think I could manage to get more posts than Blue today? :)

I'm using a piece of ksuther's advice: don't start a lot of new threads (I could've started a poll).

I won't annoy Blue anymore, because he is not reading my posts (he didn't block me, or anything! Just taking a nap).

Originally posted by unlearnthetruth
a while back a few people mentioned a show, 24 was it? never heard of it... care to explain this to me?

24 - A series starring 80's wunderkind Kiefer 'son-of-Donald' Sutherland, playing an FBI agent who is trying to stop a presidential assassination on the same day his daughter is kidnapped. That's a very VERY basic plot outline, but it's the kind of show where it isn't really possible to explain more without spoiling something.

The gimmick of the show is that it takes place in real time. Each episode is an hour long (including ad breaks). Episode 1 takes place between midnight and 1am, and so on. It's directed by Stephen Hopkins, who did the OKish 'Judgement Night' starring 80s wunderkind Emilio 'Son of Martin Sheen' Estevez, so it's (very ) fast-paced and uses a lot of split-screen stuff to remind you that there are other things going on at the same time as the principle action. It really is corking stuff, although slightly implausible at times. And the baddy is played by the guy who gets killed by a coffee table in David Lynch's superbly weird 'Lost Highway'.

Hope that helps...

Hey guys and gals, I'm back in the B & G.

Havn't posted here in a while :D.

Good luck Admiral! We have History, Math, and English finals next week. I'm thankful our English teacher is new. ALl her tests are easy .;)
Well, cya.

-macguy

lol I did fine with teh final in terms of tense lol :p
Cases were another thing, I think I jumbled up quite a few lol ;)
I need review over teh summer :p

So JohnnyV... Did you decide yet?

I'm curious to see what you'll come up with.

How about a J and a V? Now that there's a JohnnyD you gotta get on it man...

If you go with the mars thing, here's some good shots...
Mars from NASA

There's always this too...
marv

Good luck!

Hervé hasn't showed up here for a long time. Where is he? He has generally been posting less, too :( ;)

No tismey, I haven't decided yet, I haven't had much time to think about it lately. We have exams next and I've been very busy!!!

:tired:

OMFG xoot and macguy posted like 200 posts to that dumb word thread. I'm going to go nuts, along with Bluefusion :)

Yet another majestic end to the day :)
It feels like a friday but yet it's thursday!!!!! wow ! :D

I feel so great that the weekend is almost here :D
I have to still do HW but 3 more businessdays and I am done :D

Anyone on here fluent in russian ? :p I was going to translate club-admiralty to russian but I have only taken a year of russian so I need proof-readers/consultants lol
(Also spanish proof readers/consultants since I've also done only a year of spanish :p)

Admiral

Back