Herve's Bar & Grill

well, you have to go read the computer users vs geeks opinion thread. first has already been taken by giaguara. so hazmat and i thought it would be good to start a whole page for showing off tattoos.

frankly i thought your first comment here was going to be about your nasa space station replica room. i guess that was few conversations ago though. :D

Okay, I've been out for a while.... I need to do some more reading. Any other news I may have missed?

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
langley - definitly talk to racerx about the computer room syndrome. he somehow convinced (connived ? ) his wife to turn the living room into a replica of nasa control. something about not needing to eat or some such :p

Hey! It isn’t all that bad. Just earlier tonight crarko came over and the three of us had pizza in the computer area (TracerX, crarko and I) and watched X-men on my Indy before going to a Mac OS X User Group.

:rolleyes:

See, it can still be used like a living room... sorta.

Attachments

• former_living_room.jpg
    former_living_room.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 15
Engaged?!? Wow, I have missed a lot! :eek:

I sure hope this doesn't hurt business. Mysti not being eligible any more and all. ;)

Originally posted by RacerX
Engaged?!? Wow, I have missed a lot! :eek:

I sure hope this doesn't hurt business. Mysti not being eligible any more and all. ;)

yes, engaged!

:D

if i may be so gauche as to place a link to the other bar & grille you will note that the first post on that page was when she read the e-mail with my proposal...the subsequent pages were because she didn't respond to me...so i proposed in the B&G version 2..........

SHE SAID YES!

w00t

Congrats you guys. It couldn't have happen to a better set of people (or in a better place ;) ). I think that part of HB&G2 is going to be legendary now!

indeed it was a historic moment. :)

and racerx, i still say you are secretly working for nasa or the cia or something in that mini control room there. :p

Na, just me playing with my toys. I bet SETI at Home would love me to be doing work for them though! ;)

Afternoon all!

Ah cool, b3s found a comfy bar stool. :)

Yep Ken, still waiting on the time and place for the beer, mate. Balls in your court.

God damn you guys post a lot. I was out last night at Borders Books in Manhattan meeting Eddie Izzard. What an absolutely nice guy, as well as one of the best comedians ever.

All: Okay, as soon as I can find or get taken a good pic of my tattoo, I will start a thread on it.

b3s: Nice to meet you. Congratulations on the engagement.

Myst: What stories are you talking about WRT the auto racing?

Mike: Yeah, I've been thinking on it. This weeks sucks for me. Maybe next week? I would have said the weekend, but a friend's bachelor's party is on Sat. night and I'm not hopeful for my condition on Sunday. :D

Whew!

Hey, I want a gig like yours, Ken. Surf-post, surf-post....admin a little..... surf-post, surf-post. :D just kidding

I understand the holiday thing makes time a little hectic. At your leisure man, I won't hold it over your head. Have fun at your friend's bachelor's party. Ooh, it's been a while since I've went to one of those. :)

Hazmat: If you'd sit still long enough to have ANY conversation with, you could tell me stories about the way they dig the trenches for the outhouses at the race track :p As it was, I was asking about what kind of particular auto racing that you choose to DO. :D

Michael: Nice of you to drop in and say hello...glad to see your MONKEY was able to get you *cough* up this morning.

Heh, you and b3s have eagle eyes. Thought that post would slip right by unnoticed from the sleepy eyes last night. Forgot the day would actually continue. *Goofy laugh*

Originally posted by mystique
Hazmat: If you'd sit still long enough to have ANY conversation with, you could tell me stories about the way they dig the trenches for the outhouses at the race track :p As it was, I was asking about what kind of particular auto racing that you choose to DO. :D

Actually, one of my favorite tracks is Mont Tremblant. One summer we were there for a weekend and I have no idea what the problem with the porta-potties was, but they got more and more stank throughout the weekend that by later Sat. they had yellow tape across them. Walking by them you would make a nice arc to not be too close. Nasty.

Oh, the tracks I do are called road courses. By you would be ones like Laguna Seca, Sears Point, etc.

One of the first associations that popped in my head when the monkey made it's introductions here. *chuckles* Cept, I don't wear those tight black pants. :D Funny thing, in NY, black clothing is pretty stock standard. *snickers*

Ken, are there any road tracks around our area?

Originally posted by Klink

Ken, are there any road tracks around our area?

There's Lime Rock in CT and Pocono in eastern PA. Farther away, but worlds better, is Watkins Glen in upstate NY. Probably the best track in the northeast.

I didn't think there were that many in the area. Pretty cool.

Just went through your site some and noticed all the cool mods you've done to your E30 M3. Have you done any more mods since then?

There are more, but those are the big ones. Distance is all relative. I go to tracks in Canada and see people I know. Kind of a weird group of people.

Thanks for the comments, but the mods I have there are on the 318ti. I have done quite a bit to the M3, but nothing documented. Absolutely the most fun car I have ever had. It's hibernating right now in my friend's garage on Staten Island. I really want to get it within easier access to me in Brooklyn or Queens come the Spring.

Back