Herve's Bar & Grill

uh, yea - i knew jaguar=giaguara. that's why i thought i was being clever waiting for 2 different jags at the same time. must have gotten lost in the translation. :D

good luck with the job hunting!!

Thx Ed ... i need more luck, today the only place where i got any kind of response was redmond ... :(

*and now goes out*

Giag, we cross our fingers for you.

What kind of job are you looking for ?

Whats up guys ?
Its been crazy at work, so I have not been online for quite a few days ... on the news horizon I broke down and bought VPC 6 (no OS, I have plenty of those) .. I cant wait to try it out :D

also good news (although I dont think anyone in here cares :p) there is a greek localization for safari :D

Admiral

hey, seinfeld was worth missing. i've never understood how that show was so popular and so many really good shows couldn't survive.

really good shows as in what?

btw, seinfeld almost tanked its first season. it was luck it ever made it to a second.

ok, i'll admit i have very different tastes in what constitutes a good show. i liked Key West, The Others, and most recently MD's. i like oddball charachters. go figure. :D

sienfeld characters were just neurotic. i hate neurotic shows.

r1valution: Don't forget that not everyone here is from the US.

Ed: I love Seinfeld. Though anyone can find it funny, I think there are definitely things that are typically NY, where I'm from.

I agree with you edx, Seinfeld was just neurotic and I always wanted to slap the smirk off everyon'es face. Was it drug induced, the smirk that is.?

Just because I'm an American doesn't mean I'm supposed to automatically understand neurotic, nose in the air east coasters.

ken - i 'm sure the NYC thing is part of the apeal of that show. Just as certain shows about LA and SD have appealed to me more than the average viewer. but i don't think that fully accounts for the overall popularity of the show and the number of years it lasted. i suppose the concept of "nothing" just goes over my head> :p

Originally posted by Giaguara
Kramer? :confused:

any Jobs chevy... :(

It doesn't exist something like "any job". Selling food at McDonald is not the same as working for a design house or doing translation.

BTW i think you speak several languages, did you try translation ?

Originally posted by hazmat
r1valution: Don't forget that not everyone here is from the US.

Ed: I love Seinfeld. Though anyone can find it funny, I think there are definitely things that are typically NY, where I'm from.

Forgot about foreigners.

Yes and we(new yorkers) probably understand more myself more than others because of the inside "new yorker" jokes. Never thought about that.

**was not able to describe the new york thing very well

any job but macdonalds. :(

yea, i speak languages... that are completelly useless both north and south, whatever. :( worthless.

Here's what that's like. Now keep in mind that I do Unix sysadmin, and know Windows, Unix, and Mac, all very well. I WAS the IT dept. in my last company. Lost my job there in Jan. of last year. Had my resume all over Monster, Hotjobs, and more. Sent in my resume to countless listings. First interview I got was about 5 months later. From where? Reference from a friend. Other interview right around that time? Also through a friend. Last interview, and where I'm at now? Through a woman I met in a class I was taking during unemployment. I totally gave up on the Internet stuff. I hope it's different now, but I don't get the feeling it is. Imagine how many resumes they get for one job listing. Hundreds, at least.

Back