Herve's Bar & Grill

Giaguara said:
so quiet here. what's everyone up to?
time to see another movie .. central station. anyone seen that? haz, you'll probably like it .. at least it's a brazilian one. ;)

Never heard of Central Station. Only Brazilian movie I've seen recently was Cidade de Deus. Tonight I saw the third Lord of the Rings. Awesome. The other night I saw the Triplets of Belleville. Cool stuff.

just saw The Return of the King tonight also. i thought it was good, but not quite as good as the other 2. less plot and more fighting scenes in it. it almost seems disappointing that they're over with now.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Haz, the central station has a site .. http://www.centraldobrasil.com.br/ .. it may have been here as Central do Brasil (the site says it's made in '96, was in US cinemas '97, and in Europe in '99)? (and central station may have been the uk release name only?)

Aww.. sore throat .. I'll need some honey .. :( :)

edX said:
just saw The Return of the King tonight also. i thought it was good, but not quite as good as the other 2. less plot and more fighting scenes in it. it almost seems disappointing that they're over with now.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

I agree with you... RoTK was not the best one on my opinion. But my wife and my jungest daughter find it to be the most romantic of the series.

Ed, I felt the same way after watching Matrix: Revolutions. "Aw, now there's no more anticipation for more."

my anticipation for more ended after the second one with the matrix series. i'll watch the third one when it comes to HBO or starz. that's how disappointed i was with the second one.

Argh... I found myself awake at around 2:30 this morning, and now I can't go back to sleep. I think it's from all the sleep i've gotten in the last 35 hours... I'm basically getting over something, not sure what.

For the remainder of Hanukah (until sundown on Saturday), the bar will be serving potato latkes.

your body's just healing it somehow arden..

... time to get some moisturizers it feels. just had a shower - my face hurts because it's too dry. or not just face. ..

How did you ppl's new years go? I was in MI .. with some friends. I also saw a really, really, really bad movie - paycheck.

I want to get one of the macosx.com baseball shirts but I can'd decide the color. Suggestions? Blue would fit with the logo, black would be so ... me, red might look hot too ... which should I get? I'm too lazy to post a poll about what color shirt to get.. :p

I just saw this cool episode of NOVA on PBS about the Floridian Aquifer system. Basically, the whole state of Florida is built upon a "swiss cheese" of deep underground water-filled limestome tunnels, springs, and passages that make up the Floridian Aquifer. These guys went scuba diving through these underground tunnels and it was the coolest thing since Return of the King. Sweet.

habilis said:
I just saw this cool episode of NOVA on PBS about the Floridian Aquifer system. Basically, the whole state of Florida is built upon a "swiss cheese" of deep underground water-filled limestome tunnels, springs, and passages that make up the Floridian Aquifer. These guys went scuba diving through these underground tunnels and it was the coolest thing since Return of the King. Sweet.

Huh, I always thought Florida was basically one huge swamp. :)

That does sound really cool, though.

Okay, who besides me said that despite all his ballyhooing, Androo would one day return to this site? Because I can't be the only person.

G, get whichever you like. I'd probably go for the blue one to match the logo, but if you like black, then... well, yeah. ;)

My New Year's Eve was spent at work. Yay, fun. We had quite a few people come in because we had extreme passes for $20 (instead of $25), and coming in PJ's would get you 20 free tokens. So I was busy all night; the only time I didn't have to run a game was when I took my break, and at the end when I closed cars.

Here's to 2004!

Arden said:
Okay, who besides me said that despite all his ballyhooing, Androo would one day return to this site? Because I can't be the only person.

*Raises hand*
What? You mean he was gone? Since when? Didn't notice. :p :D

Arden said:

i just need help with my ipod..... though yes i am back, but only until my ipod is fixed..... cuz i really want it to work :'(, i love music

Androo said:
i just need help with my ipod..... though yes i am back, but only until my ipod is fixed..... cuz i really want it to work :'(, i love music
... which is why you've been leaving your mark in other threads, right? :p

Androo said:

Someone fix his iPod, PULEEZ

I overslept, damnit! :(
I was planning to go to the Apple Store to see the keynote, but when I woke up I wouldn't be able to get there in time. :(

Back