Hmmm

Ok, well i have several questions and stuff...
First off, thanks for the help to Jadey, but the apple guy couldnt help. it's partly supported in disc burner now, so i guess it cant be too far away in itunes.
To the guy who asked about peoples opinions of MacWarez, i think you are a tripper, and a psycho. NO thread should be 20 pages long. that is just wrong.
Does anyone have any experience trying to get either gnat, ipnetsharex, or even terminal commands to work, to share a connection to an os9 machine. it seems to work on this machine, but the imac with os9 just wont connect to any servers. the network is fine for file-transfers, but NAT and Routing obviously arent configured correctly.
any help would be appreciated. also, is there any benefit to NOT using ipnetsharex or gnat, and instead using the terminal, and a script to route ip packets.

also, are the unix commands in osx modified at all from a 'normal' bsd/unix install? if so, is there a list of the changes?

also. for everyone using X, and particularly those wanting speed increases, and not freaked out by using the terminal, take a look at this for using a seperate swap partition in X:
http://www.resexcellence.com/hack_html_01/06-01-01.shtml

also, does anyone know of a DECENT hotline client for X? i have tried the official carbon client, hotstuff, frogblast, everything i could find. the only app i found that performs as well for hotline as in classic is Monica (dl's from a file-list automatically), and even the hotline loader in that has C R a Z y colours, EVERYWHERE.

thanks to all

QP

you know one of the symptoms of mental illness is called loose associations - where you just randomly jump from subject to subject with no sense of why they are connected.

i don't know why you felt the need to criticize Applewatcher (the guy who started the thread that must have been too long for you to keep up with) or to call him names. I have not seen him do this to you. perhaps if you made friends by getting involved in popular discussions that last more than 10 posts, then somebody would help you.

but then again, maybe you're concerned about a lot of things that few others are involved in.:confused: ;)

but at least you said thanks to Jadey so you get one social point for the day.:)

Back