Holy crap, MORE updates!

ElDiabloConCaca

U.S.D.A. Prime
As if 10.3.2, iTunes 4.2, QuickTime 6.5 and the XCode Updates weren't enough, my Software Update now shows Final Cut Pro 4.1.1 and LiveType 1.1.1!

Apple is bombarding me with updates today! Somebody in QC must be cracking the whip!

ElDiabloConCaca said:
...and now DVD Studio Pro 2.0.3! And more updates are expected!

Eya, it seems that Apple have got their shit together. Near 100MB of updates in the last two days, lush.

My PowerBook is now purring along...

Ok, 10.3.3 next week...?

Why did I get a I-Movie 3.0.3 and I-Photo 2.0 update? They never showed up before....yet, now they do. I swear I already have 3.0.3 and 2.0.

I love this update method. It's so Apple-esque. Just click a button and stuff gets updated.

Every single application developer needs to allow their app to be updatable in this manner. Many are, but many are not. Get with the program!

I figured out why it gave me an I-Movie and I-Photo update. It was because I had moved those programs to a folder within Applications.

I also suspect they might be getting ready to launch some new gear with MacWorld in January. This year we've had a BlueTooth update that came just days before the release of the Apple BlueTooth keyboard and mouse, and an OS update came out just before the 17" powerbook was released (to support the light-sensing features of the new model). Before that we saw an Airport update to coincide with Airport Extreme, too. Something may well be in the works this time, too.

One can only hope. :)

I saw an iSync update, so they may be planning something to take advantage of it, if Symph's logic holds true...

<rant>when will we see an option for a) ENGLISH ONLY and b) INTERNATIONAL (actual updates, with all languages) updates? if i never use my mac in any other lang than english (and casual italian), i REALLY see no point why the updates are by force in ALL LANGUAGES .. if i choose to not install any languages that i will never use, the updates installing me back those languages kills that point.</rant>

i don't like those langs being there, so most apps (that are bigger than 1-3 mb) i open them and trash what i won't use (useless languages). annoying, as one click in the updates options would solve it .. and save ton of bandwidth (mine and theirs.. and if even only 20 % would go with english only updates, that would be a lot of bandwidth still). so a click for "us english only updates", no click for international/actual.

Ranting won't help. Run over to Steve's house and sit down and discuss this with him, and please be polite while you're there. :)

Actually, this is easier, cheaper, and consuming less time for Apple, than to have individual updates for each language.

Back