how come i need a SYSTEM FOLDER for osx apps?

kafene

Registered
I finally got the jaguar to install correctly (I was using the old 10.04 cd before my mistake).

When I try to install OS X apps like Illustrator 10 or FCP 3, it says that it can't because a SYSTEM FOLDER was not detected. All I have after the OS install is OS X stuff (No classic, don't know why). I do have a SYSTEM foler for OSX but not a SYSTEM FOLDER for os 9.

Do I need to install OS 9 again? And is there a way to do that w/ the Jaguar CD or do I need to use the OS 9 install CD?

Just don't get why I need OS 9 stuff for OS 10 apps.. and Apple is planning on note making Macs boot up from os9 after September? They need to rethink that one.

kafene.:rolleyes:

I've never encountered this before, and I run Illustrator 10. Are you sure the apps you're installing are the OS X versions and not older versions?

Originally posted by symphonix
I've never encountered this before, and I run Illustrator 10. Are you sure the apps you're installing are the OS X versions and not older versions?

I did goof up on the install. I was installing my old 10.04 rather than the 10.2.

Also, I had to install os9 first, then os x.2. After that, it was smooth sailing.

The last time I went to osx was from ox9. This was the first time I'd wiped out the drive and started from scratch (took FOUR, cout'em.. 4 freakin' tries cause i didn't know i was installing the first version osx. I've tossed the old ones now so i won't get confused next time..doh!)

kafene.

Back